Jun 19, 2014
The latest GlycoHIT Newsletter is available here.
Jun 6, 2014
The GlycoHIT team assembled for the project’s final plenary meeting at The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo on 20 May 2014.
Nov 12, 2013
Wednesday 6th November, 2013.
Publications and Presentations
Welcome to our publications page. Publications that are related to GlycoHIT will be added throughout the duration of the project.
Added November 2013
- Kim HIe*, Saldova R*, Park JH, Lee YH, Harvey DJ, Wormald MR, Wynne K, Elia G, Kim HJ, Rudd PM and Lee ST: The presence of outer arm fucose residues on the N-glycans of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 reduces its activity, JPR, 2013, 12 (8): 3547-60. Link here
- Saldova R, Piccard H, Perez-Garay M, Harvey DJ, Struwe W, Galligan MC, Berghmans N, Madden SF, Peracaula R, Opdenakker G and Rudd PM. Increase in Sialylation and Branching in the Mouse Serum N-glycome Correlates with Inflammation and Ovarian Tumour Progression, PlosOne, 2013, 8 (8): e71159. Link here
- Saldova R, Struwe WB, Wynne K, Elia G, Duffy MJ, Rudd PM. Exploring the Glycosylation of Serum CA125, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2013, 14 (8): 15636-15654. Link here
- Posters at the GSI conference (Westport, 8th November 2013):
- Saldova R, Huffman JE, Adamczyk B, Knezevic A, Kattla JJ, Pucic M, Novokmet M, Abrahams JL, Hayward C, Rudan I, Wild SH, Wright A, Polasek O, Lauc G, Campbell H, Wilson JF, Rudd PM. Association of Medication with the Human Plasma N-Glycome.
- Saldova R, Piccard H, Pérez-Garay M, Harvey DJ, Struwe W, Galligan MC, Berghmans N, Madden SF,Peracaula R, Opdenakker G and Rudd PM. Increase in sialylation and branching in the mouse serum N-glycome correlates with inflammation and ovarian tumour progression.
Added September 7th 2013
- Telford JE, Bones J, McManus C, Saldova R, Manning G, Doherty M, Leweke FM, Rothermundt M, Bahn S and Rudd PM. Anti-psychotic treatment of schizophrenia with olanzapine results in glycosylation alterations to serum glycoproteins, JPR, 2012;11(7):3743-52. Click Here for Link.
Added June 5th 2013
- Galligan MC, Saldova R, Rudd PM and Murphy TB: Greedy feature selection for glycan chromatography data with the generalized Dirichlet distribution, BMS Bioinformatics, 2013, 14(1): 155. Link Here
- Collins ES, Galligan MC, Saldova R, Adamczyk B, Abrahams JL, Campbell MP, Ng CT, Veale DJ, Murphy TB, Rudd PM, FitzGerald O. Glycosylation Status of Serum in Inflammatory Arthritis in Response to Anti-TNF Treatment, Rhematology, 2013, In Press. Link Here.
Added June 21st 2012
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Genomics, glycomics and clinical markers of disease - the first GWAS study of the human serum N-Glycome'. 8th Carbohydrate Symposium. Banff Park Lodge, Banff Alberta. 9 May 2012
- Rudd, Pauline.'Glycosylation and Human Disease'.Jenner 2012 Conference – Netherlands. Deltaplein 200, Den Haag, 2554 EJ, Netherlands. 1 April 2012.
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Developing cutting edge glycoanalytics for pharmaceuticals, alimentary health and systems glycobiology'. 6th Glycan Forum. Max-Planck-Gesellschaft Tagungsstätte Harnack-Haus, Ihnestraße 16-20, 14195 Berlin. 21 March 2012.
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Advanced Approaches to Protein Glycosylation Analysis'. IBC Pharmacy Conference. Hilton San Diego Bayfront, San Diego CA. 1 March, 2012
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Keynote Speaker.' ESACT – Conference 2012. Holywell Park Conference Centre at Loughborough University. 12 January, 2012
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Assessing and assuring stability of biological reference materials'. 5th Annual Stability Testing Conference Thistle City Barbican, Central Street, Clerkenwell, London, EC1V 8DS, UK. 4 November 2011.
- Rudd, Pauline. 'A systematic approach to protein glycosylation analysis'. Intertek Conference. Manchester, Intertek Analytical Sciences Group Laboratory, UK. 22 September 2011.
- P.M. Rudd, R. Saldova, J. Kattla, B. Adamczyk, M.A. Doherty. Systems Glycobiology: from Genome to Glycome. An Integrated Strategy for Identifying and Screening Potential Clinical Markers'. Glyco 21 Conference, Vienna. Vienna, Austria. August 21st, 2011.
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Systems Glycobiology: Clinical markers that span the genome, transcriptome, proteome and glycome'. HGPI Metting. Niigita, Japan. 28 July, 2011
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Integrating Glycomics with Genomics: A Robotic HPLC-based Platform for High-throughput Glyan Analysis with Bioinformatics Platform for Data Interpretation in First GWAS Study of the Human Serum Glycom'. Beilstein Conference. Hotel am Griebnitzsee, Potsdam, Germany. 28 June, 2011.
- Rudd, Pauline. 'Systems glycobiology: From genome to glycome an integrated strategy for identifying and screening potential clinical markers'.7th ISABS Conference on Forensic Genetics and Molecular Medicine. Luesun hotel ELAPHUSA Bracka cesta 12 Island of Brac, Split-Dalmatia county. 21 June, 2011
- Rudd, Pauline. 'A Robust, Automated, High-Throughput Quantitative HPLC-Based Platform for Glycan Analysis with Computer-Assisted Data Interpretation.' Pegs Conference. Boston, MA. 18 May, 2011.
Added June 18th 2012 - Project Media
- Project Banner - Tall - Click Here
- Project Banner - AO Size - Click Here
- Project Flyer - A4 Size - Click Here
- Project Flyer - A1 Size - Click Here
- Partners Banner - A1 Size - Click Here
- Website Banner - A1 Size - Click Here
Added April 10th 2012
- Saldova R, Huffman JE, Adamczyk B, Knezevic A, Kattla JJ, Pucic M, Novokmet M, Abrahams JL, Wild SH, Wright A, Polasek O, Lauc G, Campbell H, Wilson JF, Rudd PM: Association of medication and the human plasma N-glycans, JPR, 2012, 11:1821-1831. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22256781
- Saldova R, Asadi Shehni A, Dempsey E, Pérez-Garay M, Mariño K, Watson JA, Blanco-Fernández A, Struwe WB, Harvey DJ, Madden SF, Peracaula R, McCann A, Rudd PM: 5-AZA-2'-deoxycytidine induced demethylation influences N-glycosylation of secreted glycoproteins in ovarian cancer, 10th Jenner Glycobiology and Medicine symposium, 31st March-3rd April 2012, NH Atlantic Den Haag, Netherlands
Added March 6th 2012
- 'Synthesis of bivalent lactosides and their activity as sensors for differences between lectins in inter- and intrafamily comparisons.' Sabine Andréa, Dilip V. Jarikoteb, Dandan Yanb, c, Lisa Vincenzb, Guan-Nan Wangb, Herbert Kaltnera, Paul V. Murphyb, Hans-Joachim Gabiusa.Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Volume 22, Issue 1, 1 January 2012, Pages 313–318. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960894X11015423
- 'Enhanced Information Output From Shotgun Proteomics Data by Protein Quantification and Peptide Quality Control (PQPQ).' Jenny Forshed§, Henrik J. Johansson, Maria Pernemalm, Rui M. M. Branca, AnnSofi Sandberg and Janne Lehtiö.
- 'High Sensitivity Approach For Identification Of Mhc Class Ii-Bound Peptides From Bronchoalveolar' Lavage Cells In Sarcoidosis Patients. K. Kasuga , R. M. Branca , J. Wahlström , . M. Wheelock , A. Eklund , J. Grunewald , J. Lehtiö. http://ajrccm.atsjournals.org/cgi/reprint/183/1_MeetingAbstracts/A6404
- 'Toward Bioinspired Galectin Mimetics: Identification of Ligand-Contacting Peptides by Proteolytic-Excision Mass Spectrometry. Adrian Moise, Sabine André, Frederike Eggers, Mickael Krzeminski§, Michael Przybylski, and Hans-Joachim Gabius.' J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133 (38), pp 14844–14847 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja201967v
- 'Combining carbohydrate substitutions at bioinspired positions with multivalent presentation towards optimising lectin inhibitors: case study with calixarenes.' Sabine André , Cyrille Grandjean , François-Moana Gautier , Silvia Bernardi , Francesco Sansone , Hans-Joachim Gabius and Rocco Ungaro. Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 6126-6128 http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2011/CC/c1cc11163a
- 'High throughput plasma N-glycome profiling using multiplexed labelling and UPLC with fluorescence detection.' Ana Knežević , Jonathan Bones, Stjepan Krešimir Kračun c, Olga Gornik d, Pauline M. Rudd b and Gordan Lauc. Analyst, 2011, 136, 4670-4673. http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2011/an/c1an15684e
- 'Fluorescence protection assay: a novel homogeneous assay platform toward development of aptamer sensors for protein detection'. Hong-Qi Wang, Zhan Wu, Li-Juan Tang, Ru-Qin Yu and Jian-Hui Jiang. Nucl. Acids Res. (2011) 39 (18): e122.http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/39/18/e122.short
Added January 24th 2012
- Marino K, Saldova R, Adamczyk B, Rudd PM: Changes in serum N-glycosylation profiles: functional significance and potential for diagnostics. Carbohydrate Chemistry: Chemical and Biological Approaches, vol. 37, A Pilar Rauter Editor, 2012, RSC Publishing (ISBN 9781849731546).
- Saldova R*, Dempsey E*, Perez-Garay M, Marino K, Watson JA, Blaco-Fernandez A, Struwe WB, Harvey D, Madden SF, Peracaula R, McCann A, Rudd PM: 5-AZA-2'-deoxycytidine induced demethylation influences N-glycosylation of secreted glycoproteins in ovarian cancer, Epigenetics, 2011, 6 (11): 1362-1372. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22086115
- Saldova R, Arnold JN, Rudd PM: Glyco-biomarkers and new technologies for the detection of lung cancer, Clinical Laboratory International, 2011, 35: 20-23.
- Coss KP, Byrne JC, Coman DJ, Adamczyk B, Abrahams JL, Saldova R, Brown AY, Walsh O, Hendroff U, Carolan C, Mayne PD, Rudd PM and Treacy EP. IgG N-glycans as potential biomarkers for determining galactose tolerance in Classical Galactosaemia, Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, 2012, 105:212-220. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22133299
- Saldova R, Huffman JE, Adamczyk B, Knezevic A, Kattla JJ, Pucic M, Novokmet M, Abrahams JL, Wild SH, Wright A, Polasek O, Lauc G, Campbell H, Wilson JF, Rudd PM: Association of medication and the human plasma N-glycans, JPR, In Press. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22256781
- Also, please click here for a new poster featuring GlycoHIT which was presented at the 4th Annual GlycoScience Ireland Meeting, Teagasc Food Research Centre- Moorepark, Fermoy, Co Cork, on the 21st October 2011.
Added October 19th 2011
- 'DNA-Directed Self-Assembly of Graphene Oxide with Applications to Ultrasensitive Oligonucleotide Assay' by Longhua Tang, Ying Wang, Yang Liu, and Jinghong Li.
- 'Highly Sensitive Electrogenerated Chemiluminescence Biosensor in Profiling Protein Kinase Activity and Inhibition Using Gold Nanoparticle as Signal Transduction Probes' by Shoujiang Xu, Yang Liu, Taihong Wang, and Jinghong Li
- 'Positive Potential Operation of a Cathodic Electrogenerated Chemiluminescence Immunosensor Based on Luminol and Graphene for Cancer Biomarker Detection'by Shoujiang Xu, Yang Liu, Taihong Wang, and Jinghong Li
- 'Graphene and graphene oxide:biofunctionalization and applications in biotechnology'by Ying Wang, Zhaohui Li, Jun Wang, Jinghong Li, and Yuehe Lin
Added August 4th 2011
- The journal Trends in Biochemical Sciences has selected a review of glycomics, authored by a team of GlycoHIT partners and supported by GlycoHIT, as its feature review for June 2011. Read the article - "From lectin structure to functionalglycomics: principles of the sugar code."